"Reign in all the earth,
Reign in all the earth,
Jesus..."
- Hillsong : "You Alone Are God"
Reign in all the earth,
Jesus..."
- Hillsong : "You Alone Are God"
Today, I just don't feel up to writing a big, long blog about the wonders of a specific verse or two. I have hit a proverbial wall, so to say. I was running at a sprint and, wham!, smacked into a glass wall. "Where am I going with my life?" I asked myself. While I did indeed ponder this question, the real problem lay within me. I wanted to question. I was tired of believing and wanted to reason. Spiritual began to crumble to physical and all hell broke lose. I went the entire day with these thoughts permeating in the back of my mind. It wasn't until 11:30 at night that I finally considered taking it to God, as all those pastors so cleverly say.
When in prayer, three lines from a song we had sung on Sunday started to flash through my mind. I realized at once how minuscule my dilemma was when I began to understand the vastness of God. I remembered, specifically, the glorious ring of these lines in my ears. I remember the vision I had seen of a man just reaching the summit of a mountain and, looking over the rim, seeing so brilliant and beautiful a light that all the valleys of the earth were engulfed in it. I remember how the vision had shifted to that of me standing on that cliff and being surrounded by God's glory and falling facedown as I sang "reign in all the earth, reign in all the earth, Jesus!" I long for His presence to be with me, and surround me. I soon realized that my short lapse into my physical, animal nature, was my bodies response to a lack of "God-time."
I am trying so hard to understand the world, yet I should really just look to its creator. I pray that I will remember this daily. This is in no way a conclusion, but more of an introduction; an introduction into a much larger and deeper topic, a topic that affects me hourly.
When in prayer, three lines from a song we had sung on Sunday started to flash through my mind. I realized at once how minuscule my dilemma was when I began to understand the vastness of God. I remembered, specifically, the glorious ring of these lines in my ears. I remember the vision I had seen of a man just reaching the summit of a mountain and, looking over the rim, seeing so brilliant and beautiful a light that all the valleys of the earth were engulfed in it. I remember how the vision had shifted to that of me standing on that cliff and being surrounded by God's glory and falling facedown as I sang "reign in all the earth, reign in all the earth, Jesus!" I long for His presence to be with me, and surround me. I soon realized that my short lapse into my physical, animal nature, was my bodies response to a lack of "God-time."
I am trying so hard to understand the world, yet I should really just look to its creator. I pray that I will remember this daily. This is in no way a conclusion, but more of an introduction; an introduction into a much larger and deeper topic, a topic that affects me hourly.
No comments:
Post a Comment